When Should My Child Have His or Her First Dental Visit?
The American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that all children see a dentist by their 1st birthday, or by the time their first tooth erupts – whichever comes first.
Denali Pediatric Dentistry offers free exams for children
less than 1 year of age. We believe that getting a smile off on the right start is one of the best ways to prevent dental complications later on. Waiting until your child has dental problems can make the transition more difficult for him. An early start will help him enjoy trips to the dentist and look forward to them every 6 months!
What happens during your child’s first visit to our Denali pediatric office?
- He enjoys a positive experience
- You are given important information on dietary choices
- Oral hygiene is reviewed with the parent and child
- One of our dentists screens for oral complications
- We discuss any concerns you may have as a parent
- Show-tell-do techniques take the surprise out of dental care
It’s Never Too Late
Regardless of how old your child is, it’s never too late to get them off to a healthier smile. Our friendly, energetic team can help even the most anxious children feel better about their visit with us. Call us to find an appointment time that fits your schedule.